v1.6 - The main changes in this version are:
- Fixed a serious bug in the evaluation of the parameters in the insert, update and delete methods.
- Added a new property called CustomObjectParameterMode. If the property is set to "ExtraParameters", when using custom objects, the parameters that you pass that do not match with the ones of your custom object will be passed to the Insert, Update or Delete method. By default, the property CustomObjectParameterMode is set to CustomObjectProperties. In that mode the parameters that do not match a property for a custom object are ignored.
- Simplify deployment using the same assembly for design time and run time.
- Compiled using VS2010.
- Now shipping an ASP.NET 2.0 version and an ASP.NET 4.0 version.
v1.5 - The main changes in this version are:
- Implemented a new license provider to allow automatic component download and license generation from the web page.
- Fixed incorrect lowercase TypeName serialization in design time that affected Web Application Projects.
- Added ConstructorParameters property to the component. This allows creating instances of the type specified in the TypeName property using any arbitrary constructor without having to add code in the ObjectCreating event.
- Added InstanceParameter and MethodCallParameter classes. The InstanceParameter allows creating instance of types as parameters. The MethodCallParameter allows data retrieved from a method to be used as a parameter.
- Renamed CacheMethodInfo* to CacheReflectionInfo*.
- Fixed a bug in the dynamic MSIL generation that prevented virtual methods of generic types to work properly.
v1.4 - The main changes in this version are:
- Support for generic classes and generic methods.
- Rewriten design time UI to allow selection of generic classes and generic
- Added a new property called DataObjectTypeParameterMatchMode to allow
Insert, Update and Delete methods that expect a differnet type than the one
specified in the DataObjectTypeName property (for example, an interface
implemented by the DataObjectType class or a parent class for the
- Some minor and cosmetic fixes.
v1.3 - The main changes in this version are:
- Added the possibility to supply an instance of the DataObjectTypeName
type in the
Insert, Update and Delete methods instead of creating one using the default constructor.
- Added a property called UseDynamicMSIL that allows to turn off dynamic MSIL generation.
This allows the component to work in some shared hosting scenarios where the ReflectionEmit
permission is not granted, so reflection is used instead of dynamically generated MSIL.
v1.2 - The main changes in this version are:
- Added support for strongly typed individual filter parameters to the ExtendedObjectDataSource and the
- Fixed a design time bug.
This update has been the result of the collaboration with the security experts from
Skilldrive. The standard
ObjectDataSource is vulnerable to SQL Injection attacks that can be avoided by the use
of the CompatObjectDataSource or the ExtendedObjectDataSource.
v1.1 - The main changes in this version are:
- Full design time support for the ExtendedObjectDataSource and the
- Changed how the objects are created, how the properties are set and how the methods are invoked
so now instead of using reflection the operations are performed by dynamically
to provide a 2000% performance increase.
- More samples.
- By popular request, the AutoAssignAffectedRows property has been added to the CompatObjectDataSource too.
v1.0 - Initial version