Finally the Atlas control toolkit is available!
You can see the controls live here:
There are some nice controls there. My favourites are the Reorder List and the PopUp control but most of them are very useful in a lot of scenarios.
I would like to see more controls in the toolkit:
- I'm missing is a GridView with client sorting and the hability to change the column order in the client, that doesn't need to make a postback to update and delete rows.
- A WYSIWYG editor. It doesn't need to be as awesome as the RAD Editor but something better than a textbox, because it's rare the application that doesn't need some kind of rich editing.
- A control to show a wait message or a wait image to avoid double clicking when performing slow operations.
- A label with a question mark that shows a tooltip when clicked.
- A balloon tooltip control.
- Some kind of framework for client side dialogs.
- A messenger like pop up control.
Anyway, lets see how this evolves...
I'm impatient to start learning Atlas but I have a lot of things to do before :-(. Also Amazon shipped my order on 23 and I haven't received Dino's book yet and here (in Spain) we're on holidays so I think I'll have to wait another week.
I've read at scottgu's blog that the toolkit will have a lot of controls and that it will be open source so everybody can contribute. Sounds great!